If you’ve just gotten an emergency root canal in Clinton, Maryland, here are some of the things you should and shouldn’t do after your treatment.
What to Do
- Eat soft foods to allow your mouth to recover and avoid irritation. Once the numbness goes away, you can eat yogurt, ice cream, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and quinoa.
- Take two to three days or as recommended by your root canal specialist in Maryland, to relax. Getting the rest you need helps speed up the recovery process.
- Continue your regular routine of brushing and flossing your teeth every day until the final filling or crown is placed.
What not to Do
- Eat hard and sticky foods that can remove or hurt the recent work done to your mouth.
- Drink overly hot or cold food and drinks. After the procedure, you may experience temperature sensitivity in your gums or teeth. It’s best to keep it to mild temperatures.
Do you need root canal or endodontics surgery in Waldorf, Maryland? At Excelsis Root Canal Specialties, we have skilled dentists who can provide all your dental care needs. Schedule an appointment now!